Poerani Moorea offers charming accommodation on the lagoon of Moorea, on a flowered and lush garden of almost 1500 m2 fully fenced, not overlooked.
Poerani Moorea includes a wooden villa and 3 spacious bungalows: the Mahana Suite, the Mata’i Suite and the a Ava’e Suite. With its red cedar tiled roofs, its exotic wooden decks, its ventilated spaces, its sculpted tikis, its private access to the lagoon, Poerani (“the celestial pearl”) Moorea boasts its deep Polynesian roots and offers you all the comfort and the equipment necessary for a peaceful and rejuvenating stay.
Its 32 m of private beach front ensures direct access to the lagoon, for refreshing or sporting swimming, snorkeling trips, sea kayak excursions …
To make the most of your stay, take the time to consult the various documents on this page:
- useful information
- our suggestions for snacks and restaurants all around the island
- the activities that we particularly recommend in Moorea, bookable directly with us.
Note that the owners live in the main villa with their 3 dogs (Artaban, Nepal and Nefer) and their 2 cats.
Welcome home !
Stéfanie, guest relationships manager
COVID-19: let’s protect ourselves!
Please read the recommendations and measures decided by Poerani Moorea to fight the risks of spreading the coronavirus and protect its customers by following this link.
We particularly ask you to respect the safety distance and to apply the sanitary gestures throughout the duration of your stay in French Polynesia.
Access to property
Through the main portal, using the code provided to you when you arrive.
To exit, please use the switch on the wall to the right of the gate (behind the jasmine).
At your disposal if you have a vehicle (car or scooter):
- 4 covered parking spaces (2 to the left of the gate, 2 between the Mahana and Mata’i Suites)
- 1 uncovered parking space (between the ‘Ava’e Suite and the portal)
DUE TO RENOVATIONS, THE INDOOR PARKING LOTS WILL BE UNAVAILABLE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. WE APOLOGIZE. YOU CAN PARK IN FRONT IN THE "LES COLORÉE" SHOPPING CENTER.
2 wi-fi networks are available: PoeraniMoorea and PoeraniMoorea_EXT. Key: TIPANIER18
Permanence & concierge
Marine is at your disposal to answer your questions, book your activities (see catalog below) and transfers.
You can also contact him:
- by email: email@example.com
- by phone, SMS or WhatsApp: +689 87 29 89 19
- 2 mins walk from the exit on the left: “U express” (6h00-12h00 / 14h00-18h00. Sunday: 6h00-8h00)
- At Maharepa center (exiting on the right): “Self Service” (6:30 am to 6:00 pm. Sunday: 6:30 am to 12:00 pm)
- In Pao Pao (Cook Bay): “Super U Are” (6:30 am to 6:30 pm / Sunday 6:30 am to 12:00 pm)
- 2 mins from the ferry dock: “Champion” (7h00-20h00. Sunday: 8h00-12H00)
Do not hesitate to buy fruit, vegetables and fish at roadside stalls.
Tap water is safe to drink in Poerani Moorea.
Electricity and air conditioning
The exterior automatic lights are on between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m.
When you are not in your room, please turn off the air conditioning.
End of stay cleaning is included in the rental price of the villa and bungalows. Weekly cleaning is included in long stays (from 8 nights). Sheets and towels are changed weekly. It is possible to benefit from an additional cleaning service in the morning between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. (except weekends – price on request).
We provide you with our sea kayaks. You will find their keys on your keyring (red key). After use, we thank you for hanging them up with their anti-theft device and putting the paddles back in their place.
The use of this material engages your responsibility in the event of loss or damage, up to 60,000 xpf for a kayak and 20,000 xpf for an oar.
Several sets of fins, mask and snorkel are stored in the wooden chest located under the kitchen window of the villa. Please replace them after rinsing them with fresh water.
Check-out & transfers
The day of your departure, we thank you to vacate your accommodation before 11:00 am. Depending on availability, late check-out (up to 5 p.m.) is possible. Information and prices on request.
Stefanie and her team can arrange your return transfer to the airport or the ferry dock. Information and prices on request.
Please do not leave unprotected sugary food or drinks in the cupboards, on the table or on the worktops, so as not to attract ants, centipedes, cockroaches and other unwanted bugs. We recommend storing any food that has started in the refrigerator.
Even if we do not deplore any flights to date, we recommend that you do not leave your personal belongings unattended and lock your accommodation when you leave the property or overnight. The villa and the suites have a safe: we advise you to lock up your papers and valuables. Poerani Moorea can in no way be held responsible for the disappearance or theft of personal items.
Fire is a danger in our all-wood environment. We ask you not to smoke inside the accommodation but rather outside, on your terrace. An ashtray is provided for this purpose.
For the same reason, it is strictly forbidden to use candles or mosquito twists. Against mosquitoes, use skin sprays or electrical outlets.
Snacks & Restaurants around the island
*** our favorites
Starting on the left, at Maharepa (1 to 2 minutes on foot):
– La Grande Voile (snack)
– Luciano (pizzeria, take-out pizzas)
– Trailer in the Super U car park (local, Asian)
Starting on the left, outside of Maharepa (3 to 10 minutes by car):
– Fare la Canadienne (burgers) ***
– Golden Lake (Asian) ***
– Green Pearl (golf restaurant)
– Sofitel resort (snack & restaurant)
Starting on the right, at Maharepa (3 to 20 minutes on foot):
– Manuia snack (local)
– Manava resort & spa (snack & restaurant)
– Carameline (breakfast, pastry, snack) ***
– Moz cafe (snack lunch only)
– Chez Didier (snack – lunch only) ***
– Moorea Beach Café (local, French)
– Rudy’s (American, French) ***
Starting on the right, between Pao Pao and Opunohu Bay (5 to 15 minutes by car):
– Allo Pizza ***
– Te Honu Iti (French)
– Hilton resort & spa (snack & restaurant)
Starting on the right, between Papetoai and Hauru (20 to 30 minutes by car):
– Mahana snack (local – lunch only on Sunday and Monday) ***
– Holy Steack House ***
Starting on the right, in Hauru and Haapiti (30 to 40 minutes by car):
– Tipaniers (local, French) ***
– Tiahura “Chez Irène” (fish & shellfish) ***
– Hibiscus (local, French)
– Le No Stress (French) ***
– Casa Vincenzo (Italian)
– Coco d’Ile (local)
– The Lézard Jaune (French) ***
– Tiki Village (local)
– Painapo (local)
Activities & Excursions
Discover the wonders of Moorea with confidence with the partners of Poerani Moorea!
We recommend the following activities, please do not hesitate to ask us for more information.
Would you like to book? Marine do it for you: contact her!
View our catalog: Poerani Moorea – Activity catalog
Pearls of Tahiti
One (or more!) Pearl of Tahiti is undoubtedly the most wonderful memory that you can bring back from your trip to our islands. But beware: if the choice is vast, the quality and prices are also very variable! To make sure you don’t go wrong, we particularly recommend 2 trusted shops located in the center of Maharepa:
- Sab Pearls (black storefront facing Snack Didier)
- Pearls & more (white storefront opposite the Banque de Polynesie)
The little extra: tell them you are coming from Poerani Moorea, you will no doubt be entitled to a gift or a discount!