Live a typical Polynesian experience
Like its sister and immediate neighboring Tahiti, Moorea is one of the islands of the archipelago of the Society.
In Moorea, you will feel the magic before even your arrival, as soon as your eyes guess its proud volcanic mountains and the dazzling blue of its lagoon.
In Moorea, you will experience a variety of unique experiences. Sports, nature, culture, shopping, fine dining, relaxing … everything is possible! Most importantly you will discover the warmth and good humor of the inhabitants. And you will give to the languid pace of one of the most beautiful islands in the world.
To make your stay on Moorea definitely unforgettable, Poerani Moorea has signed partnerships with the best suppliers and tour operators on the island (see hereafter).
To guarantee their availability on dates that are convenient to you, book your discovery activities now with them directly and benefit from our preferential rates (when applicable)!
12 must-do in Moorea
- Driving around the island (60 km) to discover its majestic bays, its large beaches of white sand, its main valleys and its four royal marae.
- Picnicking on a motu and visit its coral garden while snorkeling.
- Horse riding or 4×4 driving in the middle of pineapple plantations.
- Swimming with rays and sharks at the Tipaniers sandbank.
- Cooling off under a waterfall of Afareaitu.
- Immersing yourself in the traditions and Polynesian culture at the Tiki Village.
- Visiting the fruit juice factory (and tasting).
- Making a dive in the middle of sharks, turtles and fishes.
- Climbing to the pass of the 3 coconuts to embrace the whole island.
- From July to October, exploring the humpback whales with marine biologists.
- Discovering the ancestral Polynesian double hulled sailing canoe.
- Daring the thrill of surfing, jet skiing, water skiing, paddling, kite surfing…
We strongly recommend…
To enjoy all the possibilities offered by Moorea, we recommend you to rent a car for the duration of your stay.
By booking your car at Avis Pacificar through Poerani Moorea, you will benefit from -10 to -35% discount on rentals made before your arrival on the island. Formulas for one day, half-day or even a few hours are also available at attractive prices: consult us!
To discover Moorea at your own pace, a scooter is ideal! Your 50 cc or 125 cc scooter is directly brought to Poerani Moorea.
Located inside the Moorea Pearl Resort & Spa, nearby Poerani Moorea, Moorea Blue Diving Center makes you discover safely the best diving spots in the Magical Island.
Excursions aboard a Polynesian outrigger canoe
In small groups of 12 people maximum, you discover the beauty of Moorea lagoon (Cook and Opunohu bays, dolphins, turtles, whales, rays and sharks, motus, coral garden…) aboard a true Polynesian outrigger canoe (1 full day with lunch / private tours).
Jet ski tours
Visit the north coast and the bays of Moorea in an original formula combining board sport and tourist discoveries. Swimming with stingrays and sharks is an unforgettable moment!
Discover the sacred lands and mountains of Moorea on the handlebars of a quad. A pure moment of wonder and relaxation on the legendary paths of Moorea!
Marine wildlife observation with a naturalist guide
Embark on the discovery of whales, dolphins, globosephales, etc. , for an exciting excursion on the lagoon and at sea, in small groups of 7 people maximum for an extraordinary and private experience.
Discover the lagoon aboard a small Polynesian style catamaran
Taste the pleasure of sailing on a small Polynesian catamaran (8 people maximum), for a 1/2 day tour or at sunset.
Try the new sensations of the lagoon
- Introduction to Flyboard and Hoverboard, for adults and children.
- A 4 hour island tour by jet ski.
Walking under the sea
A unique excursion for everybody using funny yellow helmets to walk under water.
The activity is accessible to all from 6 year old. Needless to swim: just walking!
4×4 safari excursion
Comfortably seated, come and discover the history, the flora and all the remarkable sites of Moorea: Cook’s Bay, tropical garden and vanilla plantation, pineapple fields, tasting of fruit juices and local products, belvedere, magic mountain…
Just relax, it’s electric
Let yourself be transported into the magical places of Moorea by electric bike: from 8 to 88 years old, everyone can ride this ecological, fun and easy to drive means of transport. You can choose between single rental or guided tours of 1/2 or 1 day.
All our accommodations are also available for booking on AirBnB website via the following links:
chambre Mahana Iti
All our holiday rentals are also available for booking on HomeAway websites via the following links: